Every household is unique with different needs and different wants. But I guess we can all agree that some things should be non-negotiable, especially when it comes to cleanliness. Here are some tips to make cleaning a less annoying chore.
- Don’t let the dishes pile up. If you’re one of those who hate doing the dishes, think of how much more time it will take to wash them if you let them overflow instead of just doing it right away. Plus you can just put on a rubber gloves to keep you from being grossed out, if that’s your issue with the dishes.
- Give the sink a good wipe down especially after handling meat. Just because the sink gets covered in dish washing liquid all the time doesn’t mean you don’t need to clean it. Bacteria and food particles lurking on the faucet and throughout the sink can cause cross contamination so make sure you wipe them off regularly.
- How to clean the stove top. Stove top gets grimy too due to spills when you’re cooking. To clean it, put a gentle powder cleanser on a sponge and scrub the surface with the grain. This should allow the product to break up buildup grime without scratching the stainless steel.
- Always wipe down appliances. Aside from dust, appliances accumulates dirt from remnants of food items you use them for, as well as the smoke and splatter while you cook. You can avoid build up by wiping them down every day or every after use.
- Manage your refrigerator. Always practice the first-in-first-out method on your fridge to avoid food from going bad and sitting in there forever. Check every item too whenever you’re about to take out the trash so that you can get rid of anything that has gone bad or have gone unusable. Of course, as soon as there’s spill, wipe right away.
- Take out trash regularly. If possible, do this every night. You don’t want the trash to sit in your kitchen for too long as it can start causing bad smell and even attracting flies.
- Scrub the shower, tub, sink and toilet. If you don’t wanna have trouble cleaning your toilet, better go for TOTO toilet bowl’s rimless that is designed to help ensure that dirt and bacteria aren’t able to collect in the first place. Not to mention that CeFiONtect is a glaze applied to all TOTO ceramic products, including our toilets, lavatories, bathtubs, leaving them with a long-lasting finish that prevents the build-up of mold, limescale and waste matter. So you just have to follow up with at least once a week scrubbing and your sanitary wares will stay clean longer.
- Don’t forget the tile and grout. If you can opt for flooring material that won’t need grout even better. But if that’s not possible, apply a mold- and mildew-eliminating product and let it penetrate the grout before hitting the surface with a stiff-bristled scrub brush.
- Don’t let soap scum dry up. You can easily take care of this every time you take a shower. Since you’re about to shower anyway, check your soap dish and run it under the shower to remove any buildup.
- • Keep a hand held vacuum to manage loose hair. Loose hair on the bathroom floors are not only annoying but can also lead to clogging. Stay on top of it by vacuuming the floor whenever you spot them.
- Make the bed right away. This is the easiest and simplest way to make your bedroom look tidy in an instant.
- Wash your sheets regularly. If you sweat a lot, you sleep with kids or pets, or you get busy a lot, you need to wash the sheets every week at least. If none of those apply to you, you can get away with once every two weeks.
- Put clothes away. Put dirty clothes in the hamper right away, don’t just drop them on the floor like a snake shedding its skin. As for those rejects when trying to decide which to wear, if you can’t do it before you leave the house, do it as soon as you get home.
- Keep surfaces clean. A simple dusting and wiping every week keeps dust or pet dander from claiming territory over surfaces in your bedroom.
- Remove what doesn’t belong there. If you spend most of your time in your living room, then it’s natural for other things in your house to mix into your living room stuffs. Cups, mugs, jacket, or blanket are just few examples. The key is to never leave the room empty handed. If you need to grab a snack in the kitchen, then make sure you take that empty cup or mug with you. This way they don’t pile up.
- Straighten things out. Sometimes it’s not dusts or dirt but the order of things that makes a room look messy. By simply squaring those stacks of magazines and straightening those picture frames, it makes the room look more organized.
- Know different methods to clean the couch. Upholstered furniture comes with a code that should be used to determine what products should be used to clean it. The code can be found on the care tag, which is usually on the underside of the piece of furniture. Look into what’s in your couch and follow it.
- Vacuum the carpet regularly. Carpets love to hoard dust and other dirt so vacuuming as often as you can is best especially if you live with someone suffering from breathing problems. But even if you don’t, vacuum still or your carpet will be disgusting to touch.
- Know the finish of the wood floor before attempting to clean. Otherwise you’ll ruin the material instead of just cleaning it.
- For laminated floors, gentle cleaning agent is best. A dry or damp mop is enough to clean this kind of floor. For tougher stains, a diluted white vinegar will do the trick.
- Stick with gentle cleaner for linoleum floors too. This type should not be cleaned using very hot water, abrasives or with wax- or solvent-based products.
- Tiles and natural stone floors can be cleaned with bleach or dish soap. Abrasive materials will scratch or nick these ones. Just use a mop and the mentioned cleaners and you’re good to go.
Visit us at https://www.fullsun.com.sg/ to get some ideas or reach us at 62950966 and we’ll surely help you achieve the shower room that you’ve always wanted!